As of Aug. 3, the temporarily limited schedule is as follows:
12:00 noon Spanish
• Note: Check back for updates regarding the restoration of usual morning and evening Masses
Weekday Daily Mass
Monday to Friday - 12:07 p.m.
• Note: The M-F morning option for daily Mass is NOT YET RESTORED
• Note: The Saturday morning option for daily Mass is NOT YET RESTORED
◊ Church Doors OPEN M-F 8 a.m.-11:30 a.m. ◊
A Message from the Pastor
To comply with orders of Governor Gavin Newsom, we are for now offering outdoor Masses in the Cathedral courtyards. Sunday Masses are being held in the larger courtyard immediately north of the Parish office and Auditorium. Daily Masses Monday to Friday are being held in the smaller courtyard immediately west of the Parish Office.
Parishioners and visitors are encouraged to bring head coverings or small umbrellas if they wish to avoid sun, and if possible, a lightweight, portable chair. Volunteers will set up provided chairs at every Mass, but providing your own portable chair ensures you a seat if the provided chairs fill up.
May God bless and keep you,
Note: Once a schedule more in line with the Cathedral's desired slate of weekend and weekday Masses is possible -- including 2 daily Masses & 4 English and 1 Spanish Mass on Sundays, plus a Saturday evening vigil Mass -- we will post that schedule below. Until then, please note the limited schedule below.
|Live-Streamed Mass Online
Sundays at 10:30 a.m. in English & 12 noon in Spanish, M-F at 12 noon (until further notice) and as otherwise announced -- via Facebook (no login required)
|We need financial support
Please click HERE to arrange your donations while the number of public Masses remains limited.
|Weekly Confession Times
Tuesdays at 11:30 a.m. at the parish office and by appointment. Contact us HERE for any appointments.
- No events
- Dear Parishioners,Preview(opens in a new tab) Beginning this Monday, August 3rd, we will have daily Mass at 12:07 noon outdoors in front of the Parish Office. This will be experimental …Read More »
- We are taking our celebration of the Mass outside. In response to the Govenor’s mandate and following the Bishop’s guidance, St Joseph Cathedral will celebrate Mass outdoors this week, in …Read More »
- Four Consecutive Tuesdays, 7-8 pm, July 28 – Aug 18 What’s the very best thing you can do while sheltering at home? Study the Bible! That’s why we are offering …Read More »
- These days it’s hard for Catholics to stay in the loop. Most people can’t come to Church and there’s no bulletin to carry home from “Shelter In Place”. St. Joseph …Read More »
- 7/15/2020 Dear Parishioners I am sorry to share the news that as of 7/15/2020, it will be illegal to hold indoor worship services, under order of the Governor. All of …Read More »
Connecting With Us Is Easier Than Ever With Flocknote
Sign Up for St. Joseph's Flocknote!
YOU choose what you want, how you want it
- New to the parish and want to register yourself or your family? Flocknote can get you started.
- Just want to stay in the loop about parish happenings? It's good for that, too!
- E-mail & Text Options Available for E-News & Bulletins. You decide.