5:15 p.m. (Fulfills Sunday Obligation)
12:00 noon Spanish Mass
Weekday Daily Mass
Monday to Friday - 12:07 p.m.
Tuesdays at 11 a.m. in the parish office
Saturdays at 4 p.m. in the Cathedral side chapel
Bishop McElroy's Message
Message from Bishop Robert W. McElroy
Diocese of San Diego
I am speaking to you today to introduce you to an initiative that is taking place in every parish of our diocese over the coming weeks to renew our understanding of and love for the Eucharist. The Eucharist is the source and summit of the Christian life. In it we receive the Real Presence of the Lord Jesus Christ by whom we have been redeemed. Yet many faith-filled Catholics have questions or misconceptions about the meaning of Eucharist for us and for our world.
For this reason, we will be presenting to you this Sunday and on the following two Sundays homilies preached by priests of our diocese on the most important realities of the gift of the Eucharist. This will be followed by three Sundays in which we will highlight and explain each section of the Mass as it is celebrated.
It is my deepest hope that these weeks will be for us all a time to grow in our love for and understanding of this most beautiful sacrament, and in doing so come closer to the God who has bestowed upon us every blessing we know in this world.
Thank you for your faith, and your love for the Church.
Next weekend we will continue to view a taped homily “The Eucharist is the Sacrificial memorial of Christ’s Passion, death and resurrection by which we have been redeemed.”
- No events
- Join us in the St. Joseph Cathedral Auditorium right after 5:15 Mass. Film begins at 6:45. Entrance is on Fourth Ave, between Cedar and Beech Streets. Parking is free in …Read More »
- St. Joseph Cathedral Parish Movie Night Aug. 28 at 6 PM. Admission Free.Read More »
- August 2ne and 9,th 7-8 PM. Catholic Bible study of the Psalms with Fr. Peter Navarra.Read More »
- This is the Last Weekend of Live Streamed Masses from St. Joseph Cathedral. Bishop McElroy has announced that the dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass will end on …Read More »
- RCIA and Confirmation at St. Joseph Cathedral Are you an adult contemplating membership in the Catholic Church? RCIA Inquiry Gatherings begin on Sunday, July 11th, after the 9 AM Mass …Read More »
Connecting With Us Is Easier Than Ever With Flocknote
Sign Up for St. Joseph's Flocknote!
YOU choose what you want, how you want it
- New to the parish and want to register yourself or your family? Flocknote can get you started.
- Just want to stay in the loop about parish happenings? It's good for that, too!
- E-mail & Text Options Available for E-News & Bulletins. You decide.