St. Joseph Roman Catholic Cathedral is located in Downtown San Diego, just minutes from Balboa Park, San Diego Zoo, Seaport Village, Petco Park, and Lindbergh Field (San Diego International Airport).
The parish was dedicated in 1875 by Bishop Francis Mora. It was built on land contributed by Alonzo Horton at a time when he started building the “New Town” in San Diego. View this exciting walk through the Cathedral’s history.
Additional historical information is available on Wikipedia.